February 28, 2008

One more rant

Man, I must just be grumpy today, hormonal, or something. Well, I started this blog as a place to vent, and vent I shall. I promise I'll be more positive next time I post :)I went and picked up the kids from daycare after a pretty lousy sleep today. We've been using the same daycare since Jacob was 6 weeks old and have been pretty happy with them. I had some issues with them and Clara when I was breastfeeding her. She didn't like bottles, pacifiers and I was crazy enough to only give her breastmilk until she was 6 months. So Monday a.m., I spent a little more time talking with the teachers, told them what and why I was breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months, that I'd be in every a.m. Isaiah was there and to let me know if he acts like he wants more in his bottles. Monday, he only ate 5 ounces (after my feeding in the a.m) all day. Today he only took 6 total. Husband has no problems giving him a bottle in the night and he takes 5 ounces. They also had written down his feeding time as 4:00 but I was in there at 3:30. The bottle felt like it had just been taken out of the warmer. So I don't think the girl tried hard to feed him at all. Plus, when I first got there, I caught her with Isaiah's pacifier in her mouth as she put him in a swing. After she turned around and noticed I was there, I said "I don't think that's probably very sanitary". The look on her face was priceless because she had been caught. She then picked him up and changed his diaper, leading me to believe she was being lazy and knew he needed changing but didn't want to do it, but decided she better since his mom was there. Then, I picked him up, put the bottle in his mouth and lo and behold, the child ate the entire bottle. If I can give him a bottle no problems and he knows I have the ya-yas, I think they could perhaps try a bit harder. So I'll be keeping an eye on this girl. I know daycare workers are busy, but I'm paying a lot of money for them to care for my children and to do simple things like, oh, actually trying to feed my son, washing their hands and not putting my son's pacifier in their mouths. A couple years ago, I might have let things slide, but I'm older, and a more experienced mom. We'll see how Monday goes.

1 comment:

Future OB/GYN said...

Don't feel bad! You are paying them to take care of your kids, and if they are not doing that then the day care needs to know about this.