March 19, 2008

Just plain crabby

I'm pretty cranky today. I usually get that way the week before my in-laws come down. This weekend could be interesting. So I talked with my SIL, who I love dearly, but sometimes drives me batty, and I heard about how exhausting it is to babysit 3 kids for 10 hours. She says that, seeming to forget that I work elsewhere and come home to 3 kids. So of course she is more exhausted. But, anyway. The main reason for her phone call was to let me know what was going on with my MIL. The gist of it is that my FIL is giving her an allowance for gas and wine. And she's hit up my SIL and BIL up for $75 for "gas" this past week. SIL told FIL, which then provoked a huge fight I guess. So SIL thinks that this weekend would be a great time to tell her she can't see her grandkids. To which I said "what?". She seems to think that we're all going to sit down, on Easter Sunday, and husband and I are going to tell her she can't see her grandkids until she gets help. The last I had checked, we were the ones with the grandkids and the fact that they decided that we would be the bad guys, pissed me off. Who do they think they are? It's our house, our kids. We agree that she must be sober while she's here, and that she needs help. That's a given. But when it comes to the kids, that husband and my decision. We know that something has to be done, but after talking with a couple people who actually know something about addiction, they said that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to refuse to let her see the kids. That's why we went with requiring sobriety while she's here. Then to top off the conversation, she starts in about how basically, she knows all there is to know about raising kids because she baby-sits for 3 kids. She gave me all sorts of pointers on how to stop tantrums, get Jacob to eat, etc. Then she said "my kids will be well behaved, will eat everything, etc." I then had a great huge laugh. She didn't get it. And she won't until she has her own child and things don't go like she planned. She actually said we should make a bet once she has a baby. And that's a bet I'd love, love, love to make. There's only so much you can do with a 3 year old and behavior. They're going to act up, refuse to eat, argue, whatever.

Other things contributing to my catankerous mood today:
1. Ban.k of Ame.rica and the crap they pulled by taking unauthorized money out of my checking account and the lack of speed in fixing the situation. It worries me that any place that has my checking account number, which is any place I right out checks to every month, could do the same thing. And the bank wouldn't stop it because they wouldn't know it wasn't legitamate.

2. My lack of weight loss. I'm still stuck at the weight I was 6 weeks ago. My clothes don't fit right, I should go by new clothes, but I'm too stubborn. I did get into a pair of jeans I bought when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. I got a bigger size at that time beause I didnt' need maternity jeans yet. Well, I finally got into them, but it took some effort to button them. Jacob watched me with curiousity just shining in his eyes, but he didn't say anything. When I did get them buttoned, the repositioning of my belly fat was lovely. But, damn it, I got into them and I'm going to wear them. I guess if I worked out more regularly and ate better it would help.

3. My house is a disaster. The toilets are dirty, I need to clean the tub, I need to dust, the hardwood floor needs to be cleaned and as usual, I have laundry to do. And sitting here isn't getting work done, but I procrastinate a bit sometimes. :) Plus I need to get groceries, and I'll have to take all 3 kids with me unless I want to go at about 9pm because husband doesnt get off work until late tonight. I don't like going late because I want to go to bed at a decent time, but taking all the kids isn't really a good time. And I have to go today because we have 1 role of toilet paper left, thanks to the huge mess Clara made with several roles of TP this a.m. (she woke up before me, and I didn't hear her in the bathroom. not sure how long she was in there, but it was long enough). If it would have been someone else, it would have been a mildly amusing picture.
So I'm hoping all three kids will take a nap and I can get a nap in, too. Maybe that will make me not so cranky.

1 comment:

(: Amanda :) said...

My goodness! You have just a few things going on to make you cranky I think. As for the disasterous house, that makes two of us. ;) I hope your day got/gets better!
Blessings,
(: Amanda :)