March 27, 2008

Can I call in sick?

Being sick was so much easier when I was a kid. I'd get to lay on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket and sleep all day. Mom would make sure there was warm 7-up or Sprite for me to drink and plenty of Ritz crackers. She'd even make chicken noodle soup if I was up to eating it. And I never thought about who would do that for her if she was sick. That's because mom's don't get sick days. I know, that's not profound conclusion I've come to, but it's true. I've been feeling pretty crappy since yesterday, and all I want to do is lay on the couch and sleep. I initially was blaming my achiness on a bunch of pumpkin seeds I ate on Tuesday (WAY too much fiber for my system), but since I feel the same way today as I did yesterday, only worse, I doubt they are the culprit. I slept little last night, even though I went to bed at 8:15, and I think I had a touch of a temp., but I'm not sure because I didn't feel like getting up to check. With as much as I want to lay around, I can't because the kids need to be taken care of. I can't call the boss and say "I'm not feeling up to par today. You'll need to get a substitute today". I will say that yesterday while I was doing my usual stuff around the house, I didn't notice that I was quite so achy until I sat down. I do plan on taking it easy today. I won't get much housework done, but that's okay. It'll be there waiting for me when I'm up to it. With as ornery as Jacob and Clara can be, they can also be quite charming. After breakfast this a.m., Jacob and Clara covered me up with blankets and gave me a back rub. They also told me they wouldn't fight today since I'm sick. Hmm, maybe, just maybe I should be sick more often!

1 comment: