August 19, 2008

Tag!

I've been tagged! Jessica tagged me, and here are the rules

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules to your blog
3. Write 6 random things about myself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

1. I have a thing about my socks. It drives me crazy if they aren't situated on my feet just right. My mom told me that my grandmother would pull her socks down to her ankles and then fold the extra underneath her toes, and then put shoes on! The thought of that makes my toes curl, and as a matter of fact, they are curled right now. I constantly mess with my socks to make sure they aren't crooked. One fear I have is that when I'm old and in a nursing home, someone is going to put socks and shoes on my feet and my socks will be crooked and I won't be able to fix them! I've made a few people promise to check out my socks come that day. '

2. I like to climb trees. Now I haven't for years, but given the opportunity (and no one around to watch) I'd probably climb one now. Not like I used to, but there's nothing like reading a book reclined in a tree.

3. I love water parks/pools/beaches. I enjoyed watching my munchkins play at the sprinkler park this summer, but one of the big reasons we went: so I could play in the water.

4. I'm a sorority girl. Yep. I'm not the stereotypical sorority girl, but at the private university I went to, I joined 1 of 3 sororities, and even held the office of VP. I guess I'll go ahead and give a shout out to all my sisters: Together let us seek the heights!

5. I am a pretty quiet person until I get to know someone and I worry WAY too much about what people think of me. I worry that I look like a fool around the physicians I work with, I worry I look dumb when I'm talking to someone new. I even worry I'll offend someone on my blog. Which is why I blog as Nurse Lochia. Plus, I'm a HUGE lurker. Seriously. I frequent every blog on my blogroll, but rarely, if ever do I comment. Not because I don't enjoy the blog, it's because I worry sometimes I'll sound like an idiot. And, I'm quiet. So don't worry, I keep up on everyone's blog, you just might not see too many comments from me. I'm trying to be better about that because I have several people who frequent my blog, but don' t comment and I'd like to be able to read their blog, if they have one, so leave me a comment so I can come visit! Anyway, I tried to "bring me out of my shell" over the years, by taking drama class in H.S., by joining and taking office in a sorority, by being president of a professional college organization. It did help, although I also think just getting older did it too.

6. I am a neat freak with very little patience. I, of course, can't divulge in my need to have a clean house with 3 kids, and a husband, and the whole patience thing I'm working on. Like they say, I prayed for patience, but wasn't specific in how I wanted to get that patience...so I'm being taught how to be patient.

I'm cheating and only tagging 3:
Fertilized
Jody
Jaimie

3 comments:

Caro said...

I'm so with you on 2 and 5.

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh fun! thanks

Anonymous said...

I can't lie, I've lurked for a long time. I don't even have a blogger account...sorry! But since you were so honest about being a lurker yourself I thought I'd at least say hi :-)