August 26, 2008

Smooth sailing

So we made it through the first day of kindergarten. It went pretty well. We got Jacob on the bus, then followed 2 other mothers (who were also dropping their kids off for 1st day of kindergarten, their boys also go to the same sitter) to the school so we could see them off the bus, get a few more pictures and walk him to his class. Jacob had no problem getting on the bus, or finding his name and chair in the classroom. It was only a half day, but he said he made a new friend, who happens to be a Jacob to and goes to the same sitter. Today was the first full day of school, but I'm sure it was fine. I also thought I'd get emotional, but I didn't even tear up. I guess I was more excited for him because he was so excited to go to school. I'll admit, it's a bit strange to be home and not have Jacob here. Yesterday, we were all in the kitchen and for a split second I wondered where Jacob was. Just a habit of making sure all the kids are accounted for and out of trouble. Clara seems to be adjusting well. She was a little sad watching Jacob get on the bus, but really, she's been okay. I think she's enjoying the extra attention and getting to play with Jacob's toys!

No comments: