May 7, 2008

The things kids say

This morning I was feeling pretty good about my progress in getting back into shape. I went running yesterday and actually ran the entire way ( I usually have to walk a short distance) and when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see the number. I decided that I'm losing the weight from my legs but not my abdomen. I'm still carrying around much of my belly fat cushion from pregnancy, and if I don't suck it in, I look about 16-20 weeks pregnant. But I didn't think it was too noticeable. So I was sitting on the couch this a.m., and my darling daughter came up, patted my stomach, and said very excitedly "Mommy! You have another baby in your belly! Yeah!!" Now if my husband said something about my stomach, I'd punch him, but it was kinda funny coming from Clara. But I think I'll add some distance to my run! Gotta love their honesty!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank god my son can't say too much yet, because I could definitely see the same thing coming out of his mouth! I too, still have baby pudge in the middle (will it ever go away?) regardless of the exercise. I'm hoping in time, it'll get better.

Congrats on running! I can only run a short distance before walking (dang asthma!).

Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

Congrats on the running and seeing those numbers go down! That's always a great feeling!

Have you tried Pilates? I'm not at it b/c I think I have to sweat to get in a good workout, but people swear by it if you want to tone up your mid-section!

Keep up the good work!