May 5, 2008

Back to your regularly scheduled blogging

So I decided that I must be a bit hormonal because I shouldn't have been so put off by one comment. I just didn't really know what it was that was so irritating about that post. Plus I've read several different things all over the internet about how bad L&D nurses can be, and I didn't want to post something that would add fuel to that fire. Because all the nurses I know and work with really care about their patients. Why else would you stay working as a nurse, working short staffed, sick, tired? It's the patients that keep us in it, not the pay I can tell you that! :)I've worked with nurses that have worked while in labor, with a torn achilles tendon, and pretty bad colds/flu. But, I digress. And you all are right - this is my blog. I can say what I want (while not revealing details that could identify a patient, of course). Plus, I knew when I started this blog that someone may not like what I have to say, and I'd just have to deal with it. So I'm putting on my big girl panties. I'm a grown woman, (although most of the time I still feel like a college student), so I can take it.





Onto more positive stuff - Jacob is really becoming quite the character. He always has been a little precocious. But at the store this weekend, he was standing on the edge of the cart, riding as we cruised through the aisles. It was busy so there was a lot of weaving in and out. After a bit he said "Man, I need to get off this crazy train!". I thought I was going to pee my pants! And this a.m., I guess husband asked him to get the car seat for him. Jacob then said "Why, do you need it or something?" Husband thought it was funny and asked him if he was being sarcastic and Jacob said "Yeah!". You just never know what he's going to say or do next. Isaiah has also mastered the rolling over. It's like a game with him - how far can I move? Before I know it, he's going to be crawling. He also like to chew on everything - which will be a problem once he's mobile and can get the the other two kids' toys. But we have one of these play mats with the arches that toys dangle from. One of the toys is just right at the level of his mouth and he'll lay there, arms down, and chew on this toy. It's hilarious. But I am easily entertained.

No comments: