September 27, 2007

Chef Lochia

Ok, so the title doesnt work so well, but that's ok. Lately I've been working on expanding my cooking menu. Let me start by saying that I'm not a cook. At all. Ok, so I can work wonders with my crockpot, make great cold salads (that I actually will not eat) and I make a mean lasagna and italian beef, but beyond that, I'm not so good. I think most of it is because I don't really enjoy cooking, or rather, I don't enjoy cleaning up the mess. So I do as little as I can get away with. But, I've been tired of eating the same stuff over and over, and I get tired of waiting on the crockpot, so today I made beef stroganoff. I even used real sirloin and made the sauce from scratch. And it was actually good. And this last Friday, I put a chicken in the oven (I usually use my crockpot) and it turned out really juicy and good. So my confidence is growing and I think I might continue trying new things. I found several recipes on-line for different meals, so we'll see where that takes me. Who knows? Maybe I'll turn into a decent cook after all.

No comments: