Tuesday morning I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. to make sure all is well with the new little bean. So far so good, and I feel a little more relaxed. Still looking at an EDD of 3-19-10 and a nice heart rate of 169. I feel much better. Well, about the pregnancy progressing anyway. I have been nauseated 24 hours a day for the last 4 days. Sucks. Sucks bad. I've lost 4 lbs in less than 2 weeks, and I know it's only going to get worse. When I was pregnant the first time, I didn't have day of nausea. Very, very little with Clara. Of course. Why couldn't I have been sickest when I was pregnant, with no other children needing me? I did get script for Zofran, but apparently my insurance company is a big group of a*#holes, because they keep requiring a physician verification before they will pay for it. I don't understand this because the doc wrote it, her signature is on it. Why in the world do they need an additional verification? Very frustrating. So here I sit, 2 days later, nauseated, vomiting and awaiting the insurance bigwigs to decide it's okay for me to have an antiemetic. I do believe it would be cheaper to pay for that than to pay for an outpatient visit for IV fluids and IV antiemetics. Ugh. Damn insurance.
This Saturday I have a 5K race in Husbands hometown. I'm not quite sure how well that is going to go. I have been running, despite the nausea and exhaustion, and actually I feel a bit better after a run. Depending on how this Saturday goes, I may decide to not run the race I had planned 8-22. We'll see.
Other than that, things are pretty busy around here. I got Jacob registered for 1st grade, and he started flag football yesterday. This is the first year for flag football, so they are still trying to line up games for the kids. They have one Saturday afternoon game so far. The first practice was yesterday and they just went over the rules and ran around. I can't wait to watch all these little 6 and 7 year olds playing football! We are also working on finishing up a few minor house projects. We bought the rest of the materials we need to finish our deck, I checked out textured paint to repaint under the chair rail (where we used to have wallpaper). I also have to plaster over some ductwork in our little bathroom. The kids were having such a good time helping me remove the wallpaper in the living room and toy room, they decided to start on the bathroom. I had painted over the hideous ivy wallpaper that was there, and a friends son had peeled off a small piece a year or so ago, so they had no problem starting in. I hadn't planned on repainting, but the bathroom really is the size of a closet and we rarely use it. I decided "Well, I guess I'll remove this wallpaper and repaint". In the process, I pealed off the mesh tape and layers of wallpaper that covered the ductwork running upstairs. *Sigh* Thankfully, it won't be too hard to fix. I highly doubt that all this will actually get done anytime real soon, considering all I want to do most days is lie on the couch and sleep!