January 26, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby

We had an exciting day on Thursday. It started about 2:30 a.m. when Isaiah decided to not go back to sleep. At about 5:00 a.m., I'm still trying to calm him down and the power flickers on and off then eventually goes out. The night light we have in the hallway actually was flashing brighter than the bulb normally burns. It was great. Oh, that night, the temperatures reached a high of -7 degrees(-22 degree windchill). By 7:00 a.m., I had all 3 kids in bed with me and we still didnt have power. So I decided to get them out of the cold and we drove an hour to my parents. The temperature in the house ws already 50 degrees after only 2 1/2 hours without power. They finally got the power back on at about noon. I guess what happened was a power line just snapped, partially because of the cold, but it took out power for 3 small towns on the coldest day of the season. I'm just glad we had somewhere to go.

No comments: