July 29, 2008

Sprinkler park fun

When I was pregnant with Jacob, I had this idea of how motherhood would be: full of activities, going to the park, playing in the pool, learning activities and just fun all day long. Yeah, there would be stressful times, but really, I figured it would be easy. Three kids later, I can tell you it's not like that. They bicker, fight, disobey, and I have a long list of household duties that have to be done everyday. We do do activities and fun things, its just not the idyllic constant fun I had in my mind. Today was one of those days where it was like I had imagined it would be. After a war of the wills, kids vs. mommy (mommy won), I took them to one of the sprinkler park after nap time. I was worried it would be stressful trying to keep an eye on them, but it was a ton of fun. We went to a new one and while the sprinkler park part was smaller than the one I went to last year, they had the biggest playground set I've ever seen. And it was on this really spongy, bouncy mat type thing, to help cushion the kids if they fall. Last year, Clara was scared of the water. After about 30 minutes, she got into it. Jacob loved it from the start and they had some small water spouts that Isaiah loved. It was fun just watching them run around, play in the water and just enjoy the hot summer day. I wish I had taken a camera. It was a ton of fun. Afterwards, we got dried off, they ate supper without a fight and without messing around, hallelujah, and we went to get ice cream at this small ice cream stand that has the best ice cream around. Since it went so well, I'm more willing now to take them back on a regular basis, and to try doing other fun things.

2 comments:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

recently i've been taking my munchkins to a new waterpark here in town. They love it! hard part is going with the baby and the bigger kids, but luckily I've been meeting some girlfriends there, so we take turns watching the baby! I totally know what you mean about the bickering and longs list of chores! I feel like i just play catch-up from the nights i work, or get ready to work! UGH! this summer's been a mix of too busy, (dance and gymnastics classes) and boredom...I can't seem to find the right mix...

AwkwardMoments said...

im stuggling getting out of the house with 1 - you sre a superhero to me