July 12, 2008

My 200th post

Wow, this is my 200th post. That means that there have been 200 times that I thought to myself "My ideas are so interesting and important that I should write them out and share them with the world"! And when I look back at those posts, it's interesting to see what I was doing. Anyway, I wanted to make an important announcement: I have found The One. Yep. I finally found someone who knew what I wanted, even if I wasn't exactly sure myself. That's right, I have found a hair stylist, finally. When I was a kid and in H.S. and even college, I just went to the woman who did my mom's hair. She even did my hair for my wedding. My mom followed her from a department store salon to a couple other salons for the last 30 years. That's what I want. But, she's an hour away and I really wanted to find someone close to home. It's funny how hair is such an important thing to most people. No one wants a bad cut and people hold onto their hair like a security blanket, even though it will grow back. I'm no exception, although I'm much better than I used to be. My dream would be to let Nick Arojo from What Not to Wear style my hair. I'm addicted to that show, and I'd let my hair grow for a year if I knew at the end he would do my hair. But, I don't live in New York, don't dress bad enough for that show and won't be paying hundreds of dollars for a hair cut, so I had to find someone close to home. I've tried various places, had great hair cuts, but I never found someone who I felt I should go back to. So I'd just go to a department store salon and take whoever was open. Which is how I found the one. I said I needed a cut and style, and tried to explain what I had in mind. My only requirement is I wanted to be able to get it back in a quick ponytail for running and for going back to the OR at work. She said "I know what you want. I'm going to bring your sexy back. You can go back to mommy tomorrow." And I think maybe she did. For the first time in my life, I love my hair. It looks so healthy and shiny. The style is perfect, it's not the typical mommy do, it will go into a short ponytail, and I don't look silly if I don't have time/don't feel like completely doing my hair. So I'm quite happy. And I now have a stylist.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

Yah for a good haircut! and your 200th post!