November 24, 2008

Wow, 30 years

I survived the weekend and the whole turning 30 thing. It still seems a bit strange to think I'm really 30 years old. The years have really gone by way too quickly, especially since the kids were born. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess! We had a little get together on Saturday and it was actually a lot of fun. It was the first time we really tried to have a little party, so I was worried it would be a little bit lame, but I think everyone had a good time. We all hung out here, and then went down the street (only 1 1/2 blocks) to the local bar and had some drinks. I realized the next morning that I am in fact 30, not 21. I'll not be having any adult beverages for quite awhile. I also finally have joined the rest of world and I am now a proud owner of an ipod. Only problem: our frickin computer is too old and slow that I can't use it right now. I'm sure this computer is going to crash very soon. I mean, we bought this thing in 2002. So, really, it's time. I'm hoping that it will last until after Christmas, because with buying gifts, it just isn't in the budget right now. So maybe we'll hit an after Christmas sale. We'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

Prisca: said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

My 30's has been great for me. Take care!

admin said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wow... 30... I wish. Not that I am that old, but it sounds like of magical - just getting there. I miss my late 20's. They were pretty fun.

30's are good too though. Just in a different way. A more accomplished way.

DBS said...

Happy Birthday! 30's not so bad. In fact I wish I knew in my 20's what I know now in my 30's. (The fact that I am saying that shows that I am getting older, I mean wiser).

Mother Jones RN said...

Happy Birthday!

MJ

minority midwife said...

Awww happy birthday! I'm nearing the big 3-0 and am a little ... ??? about it!

Yay for one year wiser!