January 23, 2008

Random Thoughts.

Last night was a great night. Isaiah slept from about 9:30 all the way until 4:30. I know it doesn't mean every night from here on will be like that, but man was it nice to get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row. He had probably worn himself out because he had been a real pill since about 1:00. It worked out nice because this a.m., Jacob woke up puking. Luckily it was short-lived and is fine now.

I've been trying to find a place to get good nursing bras. The brand I used before, I can't find this time. Target had them, but I guess they don't carry them anymore. The one's I have left over are working, but have really done their duty and need to be retired. Plus they are just plain old white bras. I've looked at some on-line sites and found some very cool ones, but they are very expensive. Anyone know of any good places to find quality, relatively inexpensive nursing bras? While I'm on the subject of lactation (sort of), i've managed to have a good supply of frozen milk for when I go back to work. I have 20 5oz bottles in the freezer, and I have another month before I go back to work. It's a bit of work, but I pump after he eats in the morning and when he takes his after noon nap. It does increase my milk supply beyond what he needs, but when I go back to work, it will decrease because I won't be able to pump as frequently as I really need to.

This time around, I decided to try using a baby carrier to help me get things done around the house. I have a sling and a front carrier, and Isaiah seems to hate both of them, even though he loves to be held. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, because everyone I know who has these carriers say their kids LOVED them.

This weekend we're having Isaiah baptized, and my in-laws are coming down. I always kinda dread their visits anyway, but a bit more because of the baptism. My FIL is atheist and very vocal about it. My MIL is a non-practicing catholic and an alcoholic. When Clara was baptized, it was a struggle to get them out of the house so we could get to church on time. Oh, and my FIL was high and my MIL was drunk. Is it any wonder why I'm worried about whether or not they can behave through a 45 minutes service? When the first two kids were baptized, it was in the church I grew up in. A small town church where everyone knows me and my family. And they had been subjected to my in-laws at our wedding. I have since transfered my church membership to the church here where we live. We decided to have Isaiah baptized in the church he'll be growing up in. Only problem: I just recently started going on a regular basis and the church folk haven't seen my in-laws. My husband actually asked if we could just have him baptized and tell his parents later because he's concerned. I know it sounds bad, but it is what it is. So we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

For nursing bras, check out www.birthandbaby.com - I actually know the owner - she's a board certified lactation consultant and a LLL leader and certainly knows her stuff. They have a HUGE selection of bras and she'll send you a variety of them to try on for a very small fee so you can pick one that works for you.