March 17, 2010

First appointment tomorrow with ultrasound

Tomorrow at 2pm, I'll finally be able to see if this pregnancy is developing like it should. I don't have the horrible feeling that something is wrong this time, which I'm taking as a good sign. Last time, from the very beginning, I had an uneasiness about the pregnancy - it just never felt "right", if that makes any sense. We had seen a heartbeat at 7w2d, but it stopped developing at approx 8w3d. When my hcg levels were undetectable by a urine pregnancy test, that was when I started bleeding at 11 weeks, and the whole process of the miscarriage started. About 18 hours before I started bleeding, I told Husband I didn't feel pregnant anymore. I'm past that gestation and hoping it's alive and well in there. I definitely feel pregnant - nauseated 24 hours a day, with bouts of more severe n&v, peeing all the time, exhaustion, ever so slightly moody :), and my pants are getting a wee bit tight. I actually had to run out of a patient room Monday night because I thought I was going to vomit - and did in the trash can in our locker room. That was oh, so pleasant. I will be buying a bella.band tomorrow after my sono if it turns out fine - I resorted to a rubber band to hold my button together yesterday. It's time for a band or bigger pants. I've been running through every scenario that could happen tomorrow and how I would react - non-viable pregnancy, viable pregnancy, twins (a coworker has been trying to bless me with twins, although two babies is the last thing I need. Can you imagine how crazy I would be with worry!?!?) , heart beating but too slow, etc. And Friday will be the due date for the baby I lost - isn't the timing great? Yesterday I thinking about the fact that I would be delivered by now, that I could be holding my newborn...but instead I'm carrying new hope for a new life, one that will hopefully be ready for our arms in October. I'll keep you posted...

9 comments:

Morgan said...

I hope your sonogram goes great tomorrow. That's a good sign that you're still feeling pregnant. Have a wonderful day!

Cindy said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Heather M said...

Praying for you that it all goes well tomorrow.

melaniek said...

Got my fingers crossed for you tomorrow! I hope everything turns out just how you want!!

Beth said...

Praying.

Jana Green said...

I found out on Monday (the 15th), that the bleeding and cramping that had started on the 8th was indeed a miscarriage.

How soon after your miscarriage did you get pregnant again?

good luck tomorrow....you'll be in my thoughts.

Hannah said...

I'm just an anonymous reader, but I'm saying my prayers for you. I hope everything looks great tomorrow.

Caro said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow

Pam, mom, honey, said...

i can not wait to hear how it goes