June 16, 2008

(Almost) 6 Month Update

As Isaiah has gotten more mobile, things have gotten more interesting in our house. Gone are the days when I could leave him lying on the floor with his toys. Now if I leave for just a moment, he's halfway across the room. Not crawling, but doing a combo of rolling and scooting. I need to go to the store to buy all the baby proofing stuff we need. I should have done it earlier, but I think I was in denial that my baby is growing. So, I need to get outlet plugs, baby gates, toilet seat locks, fridge and oven locks, and we have to figure out something to keep him from messing with the pocket doors. He's also doing better sitting up on his own. He'll still topple over after a bit, partially because he catches a glimpse of Jacob or Clara and wants to see what they're getting into and falls over watching. It's kinda funny. We also started him on some rice cereal this week. It was a hard decision that I had to work up to since he's not *quite* 6 months. I know, I know, it's completely silly, but it's a thing with me. Part of it is, again, he's my last baby and I know how quickly this time goes by and before I know it, he'll be off to school, like Jacob. I just want to savor every baby moment I can. Anyway, he hated it the first time, but now he's actually eating it. We gave him some oatmeal yesterday and he like that so much more. Not that I blame him, that rice cereal looks like the stuff you use in grade school art class, where you dip newspaper in stuff and plaster it on a balloon, and it hardens. I can't think of what you call that, but anyway. So today (if I'm lucky) I'm going to clear off a spot in the cabinet for baby food. It's kinda exciting in a way. I always liked buying baby food, looking for new stuff to see if he'll like it. He's always had this thing he does when he nurses. His little hand will roam, and grab whatever he touches - hair, necklace, lips, nose, etc. Now he's decided to kick while nursing. I do the side lying position at night, and he kicks so much, and it hits my c/s scar and it makes it sore. I guess he's just an active little boy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Isn't it crazy how quick they tend to do stuff? I miss the days where I just had to worry about tummy time, and not having to chase him around the house...lol...