October 13, 2010

Randomness that is my mind

Today Husband went back to work. It was really nice having him around as we adjust from being a family of 5 to a family of 6. "We are a 6-pack now" he says. But as nice as it was to have an extra set of hands, it was time for him to go back. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I have my routine, my way of doing things and, well, we were getting in each other's way. Plus eventually we'll both have to go back to work and we'll have to see how our routine will be. So today, it was just me and the 4 kids and really, it went pretty well. We'll see how it is when Caleb is a bit older and not so laid back, but for now it wasn't too bad.
Yesterday we had newborn pictures taken with Caleb. We go to this friend/coworker of mine who does photography and has always done a great job. So I'm excited to see the pictures because he cooperated pretty well. We had been working on a pregnancy progression project and while we anticipated taking one about this time, right before I delivered at term, we took the final picture with me in the nude wrap and a newborn. It promises to be pretty cool, so that was fun.
I also had a quick doctor appointment to check on my incision. It's healing pretty well. I had managed to not get that flap of skin moms with c-sections always talk about having...until this delivery. It was inevitable I guess, but the scar itself looks pretty good I will say. A nice thin line that I imagine will fade quite a bit just like it did after my last 2 c-sections. I have to go back in another 3 weeks for the whole 6 week post-partum exam and to be released to go back to work. My plan is to talk to doc about some of my frustration at that point, just so I can see her perspective. I don't blame her for what happened, even though it may sound like it from Caleb's birth story, but I do have a few questions I would like answered. Plus I want to make sure that she knows I wasn't hoping for a preterm delivery to get out of the misery of pregnancy. I've been feeling a bit better with the "blues" lately. I think just getting out of the house and going for a quick walk, or even just sitting outside helps. So fewer sessions of tears for no reason has been nice.
I realized today that while I am enjoying being home, and I don't miss all the politics that swirl around a hospital, I miss working a little. Weird, huh? I miss laboring with the patients, circulating deliveries, and helping moms with their newborns. I know soon enough I'll be returning to the land of labor and delivery so I'm trying to savor my time away.

No comments: