August 20, 2009

10 Weeks

Man it seems like I've been pregnant longer than that, but apparently I had a positive test after I'd been pregnant, oh, about 30 seconds. But anyway, here I am at 10 weeks. One fourth down, 3/4 to go!

Wt gain/loss: -2 lbs (up 2 lbs from 2 weeks ago though)

S/S: nausea, vomiting although I've not prayed to the porcelain god for the last 2 days, exhaustion, urinary frequency, constipation (Sorry, TMI) and extreme mood swings.

Cravings: Wendy's Frostys, Dairy Queen's Tag-a-long blizzard, rosemary and olive oil Triscuits

Aversions: Diet Coke :( and odors. I have been on this huge kick to rid my house of stink. Apparently I did this with my 3rd pregnancy, but I don't really remember it being this bad. I have thoroughly cleaned the kitchen and back porch and I just bought 8 Snuggle air fresheners for the house. Now the house smells Snuggle Fresh instead of old house musty! I guess it's good that Diet colas upset my stomach because I don't need them, but I don't drink coffee and could really use the caffeine in the morning!

Running: still going strong, with my last 5K race this pregnancy on Saturday. Averaging a 3+ mile run 3-4 days a weeks, depending on weather. I have had to stop and walk now and then when I run, depending on how warm/humid it's been

Not that there is anything really to see yet, but here's another belly shot. I put up the very first one I took, which really was probably only at 5 weeks, just for comparison. So far, my pants still fit fine, just a wee bit tighter.

About 5 weeks:



10 Weeks:

I did have these lined up next to each other fore a better comparison, but for some reason when i published it, it didn't line up right. Oh well. I never claimed to be a computer pro.
I can't see any difference, but I can definitely feel a difference! Maybe just a tad rounder lower now, but I don't know, it could just be my posture. In due time, though, in due time! I remember with Isaiah, by 12 weeks, I had to start using the rubberband trick to be comfortable. This time, I think I'm going to get a BellaBand. I've never used one before but it looks like it might work.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations!

For me, the Bellaband was indispensible, particularly for drawstring-waist scrub pants, which would otherwise have fallen down.

Morgan said...

10 weeks is exciting. I'm glad your pregnancy is going well!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Ginger Ale really helped calm my stomach down. Not sure if it has caffeine in it or not, though.

And I totally agree about smells. EVERYTHING stinks to me. I have been cleaning and cleaning my house. I am constantly sniffing around and telling my husband things stink and he can't smell a darn thing.

Taking Heart said...

I love your lists! I craved green slushies from the gas stations... at least until Sonic moved to town!

I am so envious of your pregnancy... I would love so much to be in your shoes... but don't have the courage to risk it. God bless you for loving and embracing this special time in your life!