October 20, 2010

4 Weeks

I saw this on a few other blogs, and I thought I'd do the same.

How far along were you when you had your baby? 34 5/7

How long was labor? Hmm, true labor, probably only 2 hours until the c/s. My cervix hadn't changed during the day and I wasn't checked after my water broke around 2 a.m. But I was on Magnesium Sulfate for about 15 hours to slow the contractions and I doubt there was much change.

Total weight gain: 26 pounds

Total weight loss since: 13 lbs. 13 more lbs to go until my pre-pregnant weight, but I had put on a few pounds after the miscarriage last year while we were trying to conceive.

Back into your own clothes yet? Mostly...still wearing the black stretch pants I always wore and the one pair of jeans that are my "post-c/s" pants. I doubt my other jeans would fit and if they did they wouldn't be comfortable thanks to the incision.

Did you get stretch marks? Nope, I'm very thankful for the good genes! But I do have that darn skin flap that a lot of c/s moms complain about and my extra "padding" on my stomach appears to be misshapen. There is more on one side right above my scar than on the other. Looks a bit strange.

Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? C-section

Best moment this week: 5 hours of sleep between two feedings one night

What I miss about being pregnant: The movement, the big belly and the fact that I was growing a life, but I DON'T miss being uncomfortable!.

How big is baby: I'm guessing he's about 7lbs now. He was 6lb4oz at his 2 week appointment, up from birth weight of 6lb1oz and from his lowest of 5lb9oz.

Breastfeeding? Still going great. He nurses about 1.5-3 hours during the day and will go about 4 hours between feedings at nights. I'm working on building up a nice freezer full of bmilk for when I go back to work.

Baby's temperament? He's still pretty laid back. We've not had any crying fits where we have done everything and he's still crying. He'll fuss with a diaper change and make some noise when he's hungry but he's so easy going. He loves to snuggle, too!

What I am looking forward to: Hmm, ready to exercise again and lose the baby weight, but I'm just trying to enjoy each day as they come.

1 comment:

Kim- Mamma, RN Student and Doula said...

How far along were you when you had your baby? 42w, 40 on my due date, 36w 6d and 39w 1d.

How long was labor? Baby 1 = 7h 34m. Baby 2 = 12h 40m. Baby 3 = 2h 45m. Baby 4 = 5h.

Total weight gain: Baby 1 = 45. Baby 2 = 30. Baby 3 = -40. Baby 4 = 10.

Total weight loss since: I have lost all the baby weight and am down an extra 30 lbs since being pregnant.

Back into your own clothes yet? Yes, my youngest is 16 months now.

Did you get stretch marks? Heck yes! I got them on my lower stomach with baby 1. On the sides of my belly with baby 2. On the top around my belly button with baby 3. And on my hips with baby 4. All 4 gave me them on my breasts too.

Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? All vaginally. Baby 1, 3 and 4 were induced and #2 was natural labor.

Best moment this week: Waking up at 4am unable to sleep yet enjoying the fact that the house was totally mine and QUIET.

What I miss about being pregnant: Having my big belly, movements, labor, hearing the heart beat and knowing that I am growing a life.

How big is baby: At his last WIC apt 3 months ago he was 21 lbs I believe. He has a dr apt tomorrow (wed 11-24) so I'll know for sure then.

Breastfeeding? Not anymore. I breastfed for 10 months. I had to quit because of low supply.

Baby's temperament? Shy and quiet around new people but a ham around people he is used to.

What I am looking forward to: The next pregnancy! hehe