June 26, 2007

Fugitive

Today I got pulled over for the first time in 12 years. Sucked. I deserved it though. The fam and I were heading into town and I was just driving with the flow of traffic. We stopped at a light and a cop pulled up with the lights on behind the truck next to me. Light turned green and I soon realized that I was getting pulled over, not the dude in the truck. Lucky me. To make matters worse, I couldn't find my current insurance card. The officer that ticketed me was a woman who I took care of when she had both of her children, AND my husband knew her from the football team in college because she was an athletic trainer. When she came in with her first child, her husband (also a cop) said that if they ever pulled me over, they'd let me go because I took care of them. Well, she didn't. I doubt she remembered me. Only reason I remembered her was because she has an unusual name. I wanted SO bad to ask about her kids and bring it up, but I didn't. She didn't give me a citation for the inurance and I didn't want to take the chance that perhaps she didn't like my nursing care and would decide to ticket me for the insurance too. The irony in all of this: I'm usually the one giving my husband a hard time for speeding and I usually don't speed. At least I don't think I do. Lesson learned I guess. :)

No comments: