November 8, 2010

First 5K is around the bend

I have decided I am officially crazy. I've probably been this way, since, oh, the first time I saw 2 lines on a home pregnancy test back in 2002, but I'm finally admitting that I am in fact nuts. I just got the ok to start exercising last week and I've decided to run a 5K December 4th. That's right, in a month. Its a memorial race back home, so I can hit up my parents for some good food while I'm there, if I survive the run, in the cold of December. My luck it will be sleeting that day. But that's not the real issue. I have a 7 week old baby that was born by c/s. And I am severely out of shape due to lack of exercise for months. The last time I ran, 3 days ago, I did manage to run an entire mile,...but then I had to stop and walk. It was only 1 mile, not 3.1 miles. Plus I was running on a flat treadmill. No wind, no hills, constant slow pace. I don't know what I'm thinking, running a race so soon. But, if I have to stop and walk some, so be it. I'm not too proud to walk. I figured I gotta get back out there sometime, why not sooner rather than later? Talk to me after the race, and see if I still feel the same way!

1 comment:

Pietrowski's of North Andover said...

Good for you! Remember to not be too hard on yourself or push yourself too much. There is NO shame in walking a bit! Go get em!