In my defense, we've been really, really busy around here. Thought I'd run down some highlights and hopefully, life will take us out of the fast lane with road construction here soon!
* We just finished putting up new siding and installing new windows to help take care of the lead issue. We were able to do it ourselves, which saved us a lot of money, but it was still quite pricey and we relied heavily on help from friends and neighbors. The house looks awesome but we still have few projects left we have to finish before we are given our "lead free" paperwork.
* One of our cars has died. Yep. The first car Husband and I bought together has finally bit the dust. And because we are just loaded with more money than we can manage, this is no big deal. (sense the sarcasm)
* I've had some amazing births lately and met some awesome moms and doulas. I love that women are turning more and more to doulas for support and I've been impressed with the skill these doulas have.
* I ran my second half marathon and finished in 2:16...that shave off quite a bit of time from my first half marathon! I'm very happy, considering I hadn't been able to get out and run like I had hoped.
* Softball/Baseball/T-ball season is in full swing. We have a game almost every single night. I think for June, we have 6 days with no ball games.
* Husband and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this Friday. I can't believe that on June 8th, 2012, Husband and I will have been married 10 years. It just doesn't seem like that much time has gone by, but wow, have we seen our share of blessings and sadness. In 10 years, we've added 4 beautiful children to our family, said goodbye to our own little angel, a niece, a grandmother, 2 aunts, an uncle, a couple classmates, great aunts and uncles, lived in 4 different places, bought our first mini-van and home, went through the stress of having to put up new siding and windows due to a high lead level in our premature son, attended our first marathon with me running and Husband as my biggest supporter, watched our friends marry, have babies, divorce. We've had our good times and our not so great times, like the rough patch we had after Isaiah was born. But here we are, at a milestone that seemed ages away 10 years ago. I've seen Husband at his worst, Husband has seen me at my worst and yet somehow, here we are. About to start the next decade of our marriage. . God has blessed us and gotten us through some very difficult times. I cant' wait to see what the next 10 years hold in store for us