June 13, 2009

Goal #1 reached

This morning, I ran my first 5K race in 10 years. I finished 31st overall (men and women) although I don't know how many actually ran. It wasn't a big race, but I think I was in the middle somewhere. At mile 2, I was wondering what the hell I was thinking, but after I finished, I started thinking about where I could run another race in a few weeks. It was kinda like labor, I forgot how much it sucked after it was over :) Anyway, I'm not a fast runner, my time was 29:58 I believe, which is not fast, but I finished, I wasn't last and I'll be doing another some time soon! It feels good to reach running goal one. Now it's off to work to take care of some business.

6 comments:

pinky said...

That is most awesome. I think it is wonderful that you are setting goals and achieveing them. It makes for a well balance person.

AtYourCervix said...

Congratulations!!! Well done!

mitchsmom said...

I think it's awesome, too!! Good for you!

alicia said...

ooo! I have always wanted to do that! congrats!

prachi said...

Congratulations

Taking Heart said...

That is awesome! Congrats!