September 30, 2007

Monitoring

My appointment and sono Friday was pretty good. Baby's heart checked out fine, nice regular rhythm. I decided to ask my doc if there is anything I should try to avoid this time, since at 32 weeks Clara's heart was fine and in 4 weeks is wasn't and I got to be on the receiving end of a crash section. I was pretty sure that is was just something that happened, but I had to be sure. She said it was and that nothing can prevent it. She then asked me to describe in more detail what happened and guess what that won me? Biweekly NST's starting at 32 weeks to make sure everything looks ok. I'm just thrilled (sense the sarcasm) I'm sure she's doing it for my stress level, but really, I don't need to be monitored. I just dont see what monitoring is going to do, and it wasn't what I was hoping for by asking. Oh well. And this little guy is transverse. There's plenty of time for him to move, but I wish he'd just make up his mind one way or the other, preferably vertex. I knew he was in there funny because I swear he tries to kick my hip bones.

No comments: